As most of you would be aware by now US anti-vaccinationist Sherri Tenpenny is heading Down Under to share her evangelical horror – with another anti-vaccinationist, Norma Erickson – at a series of seminars being run by Stephanie Messenger, the author of the despicable children’s book, Melanie’s Marvelous Measles. My original post contains the contact details of the venues we are urging community members to contact. Diluted Thinking also has a startling in-depth investigation of the individuals behind the anti-vaccine seminars.
I wanted to list the media where the story has now been taken up, as well as add a series of screenshots which give a clearer picture as to why there is so much opposition to these childhood infectious disease advocates.
The media, so far [list will remain live]:
– (1) Pro-vaccine lobby fight to stop US anti-vaccination campaigner Sherri Tenpenny lecturing in Australia – The Daily Telegraph.
– Victorian Health Minister slams anti-vaccine movement (audio) – 3AW. Audio pertaining to Tenpenny starts at 6:15.
– Calls for government to deny visa to US anti-vaccine activist – SBS Online.
– Vaccine row about to boil over (video) – The Age.
– Push to ban anti-vaccination campaigner from Aussie tour – Sunshine Coast Daily.
– (10) No vaccine for Mandela-itis – Times Live.
– Controversial anti-vaccination campaigner to visit Australia (audio)- PM: ABC Radio
– Australia’s anti-vaccine movement in decline as membership drops off – The Guardian.
– Ms Information (video) – The Project.
– Doctors want to bar anti-vaccination campaigner – The Age
– Scandal in Australia : the inhabitants of the country are outraged at lectures about the dangers of vaccines (in Russian) – Health of Ukraine.
– ‘Deny her a visa’ – Australian outrage over anti-vaccination activist’s speaking tour – World – NZ Herald News – The New Zealand Herald.
– (20) Queensland Health’s response to anti-vaccination discussions – Queensland Health.
– 7:30 falls into vax wars – The Guardian: The Weekly Beast.
– A controversial American anti-vaccination campaigner may be prevented from entering Australia. (video) – SBS World News.
– Sydney venue cancels seminar of US anti-vaccination campaigner (video) – ABC News.
– Anti vaccination, anti women — who gets to speak in Australia? – Women’s Agenda.
– A shot in the arm for free speech – The Age.
– (30) Anti-vaccination extremist’s right to visit Australia is question facing govt – Sydney Morning Herald.
– Lives of our kids at risk until anti-jab myth dies – Daily Telegraph.
– Anti-vaxxers: so friendless that free speech is enough to defeat them – The Guardian.
– Sydney venue cancels seminar by US anti-vaccine activist Sherri Tenpenny – The Guardian.
– Sherri Tenpenny: US anti-vaccination campaigner’s Sydney and Melbourne shows cancelled – Sydney Morning Herald.
– Venues cancel events featuring US anti-vaccination campaigner Sherri Tenpenny – Sydney Morning Herald.
– Doctors protest anti-vax speaking tour – Medical Observer (log-in required).
– More venues cancel anti-vax seminars – The Daily Mail.
– Prof Peter McIntyre refutes Dr Tenpenny anti-vaccination beliefs – The Today Show.
– Misinformation tour by anti-vaccination activist – The Today Show.
– (40) The anti-vaccination advocate – The Today Show (print).
– Anti-vaccination campaigner compares critics to Charlie Hebdo attackers – The Guardian.
– Anti-vaccination views are misguided – but not illegal – Sydney Morning Herald.
– Health experts urge parents to vaccinate kids (video) – Sunrise.
– Anti-vaccination campaigner’s Aussie tour in ruins – Toowoomba Chronicle.
– Doctor: My newborn son was exposed to whooping cough – Mamamia.
– Stop Tenpenny Campaign on 7 News, 12th January 2015 (video) – Channel 7 News.
– (50) Gold Coast mum warns on vaccinations after little Bree almost killed by whooping cough – The Gold Coast Bulletin.
– Anti-vaccination seminar venues all pull out – but tour ‘will go ahead’ – The Guardian.
– Vaccinations To Be Compulsory For Children Attending Nursery In Two Australian States – Yahoo! Lifestyle UK.
– Anti-vaccine campaigner Sherri Tenpenny cancels Australian talk – SBS News Online.
– Sherri Tenpenny tour in chaos (video) – The Today Show.
– Anti-vaccine campaigner Sherri Tenpenny cancels tour amid ‘safety’ fears – SBS News Online.
– (60) Sherri Tenpenny’s anti-vaccination seminars flounder. Update – Mamamia.
– Anti-vaccination campaigner Sherri Tenpenny cancels Australian tour – The Guardian.
– Science 1, dangerous nonsense 0 – Sydney Morning Herald.
– Controversial anti-vaccine activist Dr Sherri Tenpenny ‘should be allowed in to Australia’ (audio and text) – 3AW Neil Mitchell.
The following screenshots feature Tenpenny in her own words [collection will remain live]:
Vaccines “cause more harm” than good:
Asked what vaccines should be given to a baby, Tenpenny recommends , “none”:
Tenpenny supported baby killer Alan Yurko in a campaign which attempted to blame the horrific injuries suffered by a baby, whilst being beaten and shaken to death, as being those of a vaccine adverse reaction. She is not alone in this hideous campaign; you will also see the name of another DO, Joe Mercola, there. Meryl Dorey has previously joked about requiring a sound bite to give the Yurko campaign thrust; her husband Ken Dorey coming up with the abominable “shaken maybe syndrome“. From the Free Yurko site list of supporters:
Tenpenny recommends against Hepatitis A and Tetanus vaccines for unvaccinated children traveling to Thailand:
This, from our friends at Dr Tenpenny – the Woo is not Enough:
Tenpenny claims that a survey of unvaccinated versus vaccinated children, using school attendance as a measure, could be done: until she is reminded of the above. This video is well worth a watch:
Tenpenny appeared on rabid conspiracy YouTube channel, Infowars – shared on the Sanevax anti-vaccine site run by Norma Erickson – under the title, Gardasil vaccine. Injection of Death!: Dr Sherri Tenpenny reports.
In the second video on that site, Tenpenny calls childhood vaccination “torture”. She also equates it with abuse which would see social services called around, if it was done in the home. She does.
I’ve saved this crackingly insane screenshot for last.
Vaccines cause mass murderers:
Update January 6 2015
I wanted to add this extra screenshot I’ve procured from Peter Bowditch’s site. This is a comment Tenpenny made in 2012, along the lines of the one above. In it she blames the massacre of innocent schoolchildren at Sandy Hook Elementary School on vaccines. There are times I wished there was such as a thing as hell. People like Tenpenny belong there:
Vaccines and drugs are a war on the Human Constitution. It is a Dark Superstition that should never be part of the 21st century. It’s Black Magic to think that injecting foreign matter, dead pathogen, animal DNA can give any benefit. Ever.
In May 2013 Tenpenny also put out a call to her cult acolytes. Tenpenny makes her dangerous, despicable desires crystal clear:
How do we convince parents to be more fearful of a vaccine…?
And for evidence that Tenpenny relies upon and provokes the vilification of health care professionals – “vilification” interestingly being one of the exclusion criteria of the visa character assessment – one need only look at the thread of Tenpenny’s Facebook post linked above. Tenpenny goes after Dr Paul Offit in the original post. The cult acolytes respond in rote:
If all of that wasn’t bad enough – and it really was – Tenpenny posted this on her Facebook page:
Very good article by Bill Sardi
Hmm. I will never vaccinate my child. That’s not overly surprising to us, knowing Tenpenny as we do. But, there’s a nasty little twist in this one:
we have chosen not to vaccinate our child but rather let him get exposed to the various pathogens naturally (chicken pox, pertussis- whooping cough, polio, measles, etc.)
That’s right. Sherri Tenpenny recommends an article which advocates exposing unimmunised children to Polio, Measles, Whooping cough, and Chicken Pox. I’m still attempting to figure out in my inside voice why there are no child protection officers beating down the door. I’ve got nothing.
And where would any deranged, rabid anti-vaccinationist be without pincushion baby, decorated with the skull and crossbones, and the “POISON” tag? This is from Tenpenny’s website which she claims to be a repository of reputable anti-vaccine evidence. It’s an anti-vaccine repository; that’s about it: