MAY, JUNE 2015
Rob Hutchings is a chiropractor who conducts his business at Body Brilliant Chermside, in Brisbane. He is a member of the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia. Hutchings is a self-confessed anti-vaccinationist who first came to our attention, in 2010, for making anti-vaccine comments on the Facebook page of the disreputable Australian Vaccination Network. Hutchings has appeared in this blog several times; most recently for claiming that his Facebook profile had been hacked whenever his Facebook profile had made anti-vaccine comments on the internet. The following are Hutchings’ treatment and cure claims made this year in the Facebook group, Chiropractic Success Stories.
May 22 – Seizures cured. Hutchings’ public screening drew patient.
– A re-share of another personal favourite success story of mine, and another person who was through the medical system and royally screwed over and almost permenantly maimed as a result. I’m re-sharing this today because I am putting as much positive energy out into the universe as possible because I’m seeing a coma patient (posted about earlier this week) this afternoon
– I met a XX year old PATIENT at a 4 day music festival screening I was working at
– PATIENT developed severe epilepsy [from childhood head trauma] days after PATIENT was XX years old
– PATIENT would have at least 2 major seizures a week and had 10-15 smaller seizures EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
– PATIENT was given all the medications and essentially over PATIENT’s life became an experiment of the pharmaceutical industry. PATIENT never took a single medication that helped PATIENT’s seizures
– It was then decided that after reviewing MRIs an CAT scans that all showed no evidence of anything wrong, the neurologist / neurosurgeon said the best course of action was to slice PATIENT’s head open, look for anything abnormal and remove it and see what happens. (You know, evidence based medicine at it’s finest)
– 4 weeks before this, they met me at the music festival. The PATIENT had 2 seizures while talking to me
– Sure enough, the subluxation pattern included a kyphotic neck. So we began adjusting PATIENT
– Within 4 adjustments, we saw a reduction in seziures from 10-15 a week to 3 a week and no major seziures that week
– The next week 3 adjustments were done and PATIENT never had a seizure again
– I know what you’re thinking. The surgeon would be thrilled to hear he got better…..
– He personally called the PATIENT’s FAMILY MEMBER and bullied FAMILY MEMBER into coming in for testing, by telling FAMILY MEMBER that FAMILYMEMBER was an idiot and an irresponsible FAMILY MEMBER by cancelling the surgery. He did not know about chiropractic care yet, they never disclosed that
– I received a phone call from the surgeon. He barked at me about “stealing his patient” and a whole host of other standard party lines I’m sure you’re all familiar with
– Being a non-combative and generally a placid guy, I just asked him if his patients were his property and therefore possible for me to steal
– He began to bark at me some more so I just hung up on him. He called back and asked why I wasn’t getting riled up by him, and I told him I was too busy helping people get better to be involved in a war of egos and I hung up. He did not call back
June 26 – Coma patient cured. Adjusting in hospitals. Hutchings knowingly breaching Code of Conduct for Chiropractors.
– As many of you know I adjusted a PATIENT who’d been a coma for 9 months and shortly after PATIENT’s second adjustment, PATIENT woke up
– I left for a long planned dream trek to Bhutan shortly after, but I’m back now
– I’m thrilled to report that PATIENT is talking, has regained most of PATIENT’s memory, though PATIENT has no memory of the day of PATIENT’s car accident, and has told me that PATIENT remembers the second time I adjusted her as PATIENT felt a “warm energy flow through PATIENT’s body” immediately afterward
– WHile I was away, they began some physical therapy rehabilitation, PATIENT is now being taken to a swimming pool to start the process of slowly exercising PATIENT’s muscles
– I will be adjusting PATIENT for as long as PATIENT wants me to and in the next several weeks they hope to start taking PATIENT to my office for PATIENT’s adjustments
– I have been fortunate to meet another family in the room next door of an unrelated PATIENT2 who is also in a coma
– I adjusted PATIENT2 for the first time this morning
– I respectfully ask that if you choose to share this story with anyone, please do not use my name or the country I’m from as this violates my local registration board rules. This post is intended for discussion on this close group page ONLY, among chiropractors ONLY in a professional manner and is NOT intended to be shared as an advertisement or testimonial. If you are troll on this page intending to re-post this elsewhere and do what trolls do, I hope some day you choose to get a life
Publicly captured image courtesy Facebook 2011.
Thanks to Super Shooper for halo addition.
All of Hutchings’ stories come from a closed Facebook group called Chiropractic Success Stories. I am reproducing these abridged stories under Fair Dealing, and in the public interest, for the following reasons: Hutchings admits to treating coma patients in a hospital and admits that he knows that this is a breach of the Code of Conduct for Chiropractors; Hutchings is demonstrably using anti-vaccination misinformation in treating patients; Hutchings is demonstrably claiming to treat or cure conditions outside of his scope of practise; Hutchings admits to using anecdotal stories in his private practice. Patients are also drawn from public screenings; and Hutchings admits that these stories are used as word of mouth testimonials in schools and kindergartens, thereby accruing more patients.
Although listed as a “closed group”, the Facebook group Chiropractic Success Stories cannot realistically claim to be a private group for the use of chiropractors only: it has over 3500 members; non-practitioners are regularly permitted to join; Hutchings knows that the group is not private, referring to “trolls” in the group on several occasions; and group administrators and Hutchings are aware that stories from the group have been shared on Facebook and elsewhere on numerous occasions.
I have edited Hutchings’ comments into point form so as to retain the content of his claims without boring the reader into a subluxation-induced coma, brought on due to his overuse of words employed in the act of fictional self-aggrandisement. Hutchings’ original spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors are retained.
I have replaced pronouns, ages, and genders of individuals – where possible – with “PATIENT”, “PATIENT1”, “PARENT1”, “FAMILY MEMBER”, and “XX”.
Basically, the text is Hutchings’. I’ve replaced words for the purposes of anonymising the stories, and the people used in them.
List of posts in this series:
- January 2015: Substance abuse cured; Menstrual pain cured. Patient rendered artistic; Spondylolisthesis and constipation cured.
- February 2015: Depression, cough, thyroid cured. Hutchings’ community talk drew patient; Kidney stones cured. Forced treatment on mother; Dyslexia cured; XX year old multiple conditions. Sinus, ear infection, diarrhoea, asthma, digestion cured.
- March 2015: Gardasil injury cured. Hutchings no fan of vaccines; Infertility cured; Huntington’s Disease treated; Asthma cured. Hutchings’ talk drew patient; Gardasil vaccine injury cured.
- April 2015: Abusive relationship cured. Hutchings’ talks drew patient; Schizophrenia cured. Hutchings’ workshops use testimonials; Self harm cured.
The Chiropractic Messiah Monologues 5
- May, June 2015: Seizures cured. Hutchings’ public screening drew patient; Coma patient cured. Adjusting in hospitals. Hutchings knowingly breaching Code of Conduct for Chiropractors.
- July 2015: Bhutan ear infection cured; Deafness cured and patient’s drawing; Liver transplant cancelled. Hutchings uses success stories in his workshops; Deafness cured. Hutchings’ drew patients via kindergarten stories; Anxiety cured; Adjustments treated learning disability and caused an increase in maths scores; Made up acronym; Bedwetting, ear infection, deafness all cured. Referrals from kindy. Hutchings is “Unfuckwithable”.
- August 2015: Doctor can stick science and drugs up his arse; ADHD cured. Hutchings’ workshop on ADHD drew patient; Seven month old baby was put on anti-depressants by doctor. Baby stopped crying due to adjustments. Hutchings’ health expo talk drew patients. Denigration of medical profession; Adjustments of subluxations lead to ability to eat chocolate again.